Merchavim – The Institute for the Advancement of Shared Citizenship in Israel, is seeking a full-time Director of Resource Development (starting January 2021).
Founded in 1998, Merchavim is a non-profit organization that promotes diversity, inclusion, and fairness amongst all Israelis within schools, workplaces, and society at large.
Working closely with the Executive Director, the Director of Resource Development will lead a team in developing and implementing the organization’s fundraising strategy, stewarding existing donors, and increasing the donor base.
- Identify funders to develop existing and new programs
- Research new donors, including foundations, corporations, governments, and individuals
- Write letters of interest, grant proposals, and all reports
- Cultivate relationships with donors through in-person and virtual meetings and events
- Maintain systems for tracking leads, grant requests, grant execution, and donor recognition
- Update the organization’s donor database
- Support the British Friends of Merchavim’s efforts
- Manage a Hebrew-speaking Resource Development Associate and interns, as relevant
- Collaborate closely with the programming staff, finance coordinator, and the PR professional
- A strong commitment to Merchavim’s mission
- Excellent English with the ability to read, write, and speak at mother tongue level
- Fluent Hebrew (internal meetings and emails)
- At least three years of resource development experience, including in the preparation of initial inquiries, donor relations, full proposals, and reporting
- Excellent interpersonal and cross-cultural communication skills
- Effective time management skills; adept at professionally planning, prioritizing, and meeting deadlines
- Able to occasionally work unconventional hours as necessary
- Detail-oriented and committed to high standards of work
- Creative, enthusiastic, and motivated
- Familiar with digital tools, such as Salesforce
- Comfortable working independently and as a part of a team
- Experience with Jewish Federations as well as governmental grants (e.g. US, EU) is an advantage
The position is full time with a salary range of 12,000-14,000 NIS per month, depending on qualifications and experience. Merchavim is headquartered in Lod and we maintain a hybrid office/remote work schedule.
To apply, please send a CV and a brief cover letter in English to firstname.lastname@example.org.